Skip to main content

⚜️John Chau, American Missionary, And The Uncontacted Tribe


John Chau, American Missionary, And The Uncontacted Tribe
When a 26-year-old American missionary set out for a lush island in the Indian Ocean last year, it was with one objective in mind: to convert the uncontacted Sentinelese tribe, who had lived for centuries in isolation. John Chau's mission had ambitions for a great awakening, but what awaited instead was tragedy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

⚜️The Hard-Luck Texas Town That Bet On Bitcoin — And Lost

The Hard-Luck Texas Town That Bet On Bitcoin — And Lost via Digg https://ift.tt/2XD5McM

⚜️These Lions Are Nonplussed By This Zoo's Lion Escape Drill

These Lions Are Nonplussed By This Zoo's Lion Escape Drill A zoo in Japan conducted a lion escape drill with one of their employees wearing a furry costume.

⚜️A Woman's Right To Fury

A Woman's Right To Fury Like many women, I got sad, not angry, for most of my pre-menopausal life. I pushed down and compressed my anger until I could almost convince myself it did not exist. I reveled in being split, diaphanous. It was a little like being high, having no singular self. Being weightless, like a ghost.